Jeju Small-Group UNESCO Day Tour - East Course
Jeju Small-Group UNESCO Day Tour – East side of Jeju island is for those who looking for Jeju’s UNESCO heritages, Great scenery, and No-shopping quality tour. The picturesque island of Jeju is a UNESCO–listed gem lying off the southern shores of South Korea. On this all-inclusive full-day UNESCO tour, experience the best of Jeju Island in one day with entrance fees, lunch, and round-trip travel from your downtown hotel included. Hike up Seongsan Sunrise Peak, reach sites of interest including Manjanggul Cave and Woljeongri Beach, and enjoy personal attention from your guide on this small-group tour—limited to 15 people per group. This tour is available on Mon/Wed/Fri.
- This tour is available on Mon/Wed/Fri only.
- A minimum booking of 2 adults is required in this package.
– One person also can join in September 2019: 2, 4, 9
– One person also can join in October 2019: 2, 7, 14, 16, 21, 23
- Pick up service is available only within Jeju city downtown area.
- You must input your hotel name and address on the booking page.
- This is not a private tour, you will be mixed with other people.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level.
- Entrance ticket fees are not refundable even if you don’t enter.
No shopping/optional tour/hidden cost with this tour.
- 125USD(=140,000KRW) per person
- 0~24 months infant: Free
- 24months ~ 18years: 110USD(=125,000KRW)
- Make a cash payment directly to the guide on the tour day, before the tour starts.
- 9:00 or 9:30~18:00
- Available from Monday to Saturday
- Individual pick up & Sending at your hotel
- Minivan+Driver-cum-English speaking guide(Rented mini van, Group of 2-7)
- Minibus+Driver+English speaking guide(Group of 8-15)
- English speaking driving guide
- Entrance fee
- Tip(recommended, not compulsory)
- Personal expenses
Pick up Time
- Between 09:00~09:30 AM
- Specific pick up time will be informed before the tour.
- Please wait for us 10mins before the meeting time, in the hotel lobby area.
Pick up Location
- At your hotel lobby(Jeju city downtown area only)
- Individual Pick up service is available only within Jeju city downtown area.
- If you are staying out of Jeju city downtown area, you must come to ☞ Core Travel’s office 1st floor by 9 AM.
- Jeju Daily UNESCO Tour(Mon/Wed/Fri) – East side of Jeju Island
1. Individual pick up service at your hotel2. Manjang Cave(UNESCO)3. Woljeongri Beach4. Woman Diver Museum2-1, 4-1. Gimnyeong Maze Park (Rainy day or Holiday)5. Lunch6. Seongsan Sunrise Peak (UNESCO)7. Herb Park8. Aromatherapy Lesson9. Seongeup Folk Village10. Individual sending service to your hotel
Begin your day with an individual pick up service between 9:00~9:30am, at your hotel lobby in Jeju city downtown area. Your exact pick up time will be informed before the tour date.
※ If you are staying out of Jeju city downtown area, you must come to Core Travel‘s office by 9 am to join the tour.
60mins Trekking – Manjanggul Cave is one of the finest lava tunnels in the world and is a designated natural monument. A lava tunnel is formed when the lava that was deep in the ground spouts from the peak and flows to the surface. Manjanggul Cave has a variety of interesting structures inside including 70cm lava stalagmites and the lava tube tunnels. Only 1km of the 13,422m Manjanggul Cave is open to tourists. The inside of the tunnel sustains a temperature of 11~21℃, creating a comfortable atmosphere. There are rare animals such as bats living in the tunnel, which makes this tunnel valuable for researchers as well. The stone pillars and stalactites are widely spread and the tunnels show off the cave’s topographical features. “Stone Turtle” is especially eye-catching because it is shaped like Jeju-do Island.
※ When Manjang cave is closed on the first Wednesday of every month, it will be replaced to Gimnyeong maze park.
※ When it’s raining, Manjang cave will be replaced to Gimnyeong maze park due to safety reason.
Make your way to Woljeongri beach, you can sit in a nice local cafe and enjoy picturesque landscapes enjoying coffee. The emerald color ocean with a breeze will refresh you.
Haenyeo refers to female divers who dive into the ocean water to gather various shellfish, seaweed, etc, without using any underwater diving equipment. When diving underwater, a haenyeo carries only a pair of goggles, a round ball-like tube to keep her balance, and a basket to put her collections in. Such women involved in the fishing industry are known to be scattered all around Jeju-do, Korea, Japan, and Russia.
Jeju-do has established the Jeju Haenyeo Museum to introduce to the world the unique activities and culture of Jejudo’s haenyeo female divers. Exhibition Hall 1 is entitled “Haenyeo Diver’s Life” and has a restoration of a traditional haenyeo’s home and her meals. Also on display, to show a more realistic view into their daily lives, are the various utensils used by female divers.
※ When Woman diver museum is closed on the first and third Wednesday of every month, it will be replaced to Gimnyeong maze park.
On holiday of Manjang Cave & Woman diver museum or rainy day
Gimnyeong Maze Park contains a maze that has various images incorporated in it. The maze is in the shape of the Jeju Island, and its images that can be clearly seen from above include the following: a serpent, which was an object of worship on the island until the mid-70s; horses of Jeju Island, which were brought there by Mongolians as far back as 1276; the ship, Sparrowhawk, that was shipwrecked on the island in 1653 bringing Hendrick Hamel and his company of Dutch sailors to the Joseon Kingdom; and dolmens that are relics from the Bronze Age. All of these images are famous symbols or landmarks of Jeju Island.
There are three skywalks and an observatory, which are popular photo sites for tourists. They offer panoramic views of the entire maze. There are four ways to get through the maze from the entrance. If you use a map, it will take only 5 minutes, but without a map it’s a bit more difficult and can take up to 20 minutes. Some visitors have been known to spend up to 50 minutes lost in the maze before giving up and calling for help!
– Jeju Black Pork Meal Set
– Bibimbab(For Muslims Tourist)
60mins Trekking – Seongsan Ilchulbong Peak rose from under the sea in a volcanic eruption over 100,000 years ago. Located on the eastern end of Jejudo Island, there is a huge crater at the top of Seongsan Ilchulbong Peak. The crater is about 600m in diameter and 90m high. With the 99 sharp rocks surrounding the crater, it looks like a gigantic crown. While the southeast and north sides are cliffs, the northwest side is a verdant grassy hill that is connected to the Seongsan Village. The ridge provides an ideal spot for walks and for horse riding as well.
The sunrise from the crater is magnificent. Also, the Seongsan Ilchulbong Peak surrounded by bright yellow colored canola flowers in the spring is truly a sight to behold.
Jeju’s Herb Dongsan farm is a sensual delight to visit. Located just outside of Pyoseon in the southeast of Jeju, it is a great place to be naturally rejuvenated. The herb gardens are home to around 180 different varieties of herbs and a stroll through them is a magical feast for the senses. Herb Dongsan offers a great day out to enjoy nature and explore the cleverly laid out gardens.
A maze garden near the entrance greets visitors with a mixture of herbs and flowers. From here gardens branch out in every direction each with different themes. Most plants are labeled though usually with their Korean and scientific names. There are many different varieties of gardens to enjoy and many surprises tucked along the little pathways so make sure to explore all the gardens.
For visitors of Herb Dongsan, the aroma foot spa is a must try experience. It is really good to soothe the tired feet of travelers. A golden foot bath is filled with hot water. Bath preparations are different every week. Normally, products with rose, which is good for skin regeneration and anti-aging, or rosemary, which is good for antibacterial effect and muscle relaxation, are used. A few drops of undiluted extract of peppermint are added to water at the proper temperature as not to destroy the healthful ingredients of herbs. Five minutes after taking a peaceful rest while dipping your feet in the foot bath, you can feel the heat coming from the feet, and your whole body gets warmer. After the foot spa, you can scrub your feet with sweet-scented rose salt to exfoliate.
In the meantime, a therapist will apply peppermint oil on the back of your neck. Cool and refreshing peppermint oil is helpful to ease headaches and loosen knotted muscles. Lastly, rosemary mist is sprayed to the face. It feels like even smelling the fragrance alone heals the mind. The 20-minute foot spa program finishes pleasantly with rosemary mist.
The Seongeup Folk Village shows the unique culture of Jeju Island: the black lava rock walls, the straight but curvy alleys to block the wind, and the stone grandfather statues (Harubang), which have become a prime feature of the landscape. The local black-haired pigs and tongsi (pigsty/restroom) are especially well-known characteristics of Jeju folk culture. The Jeju black pork is said to be very nutritious.
Payment & Cancellation Policy
You can make a cash payment 125USD(=140,000KRW) when you meet our guide at the designated pickup point.
If you cancel the reservation, the penalty must be paid.
- 10 days before: 0% Penalty from the full amount
- 5~9 days before: 30% Penalty from the full amount
- 2~4 days before: 50% Penalty from the full amount
- 1 day before up to the day of: 100% Penalty from the full amount
※ Please request changes or refunds during business hours.
- Business hours: weekday (Mon-Fri) 09:00~18:00 [Korean time (UTC+9)]
- Closed: Saturday, Sunday, Korean National holidays